King & Godfree
Join the King and Godfree family and be part of the exciting transformation of a Carlton icon.
We are searching for a highly experienced and enthusiastic Beverage Manager or Head Sommelier to lead our beverage program with exceptional customer service.
You’ll be confident and experienced in managing wine and beverages across a multi outlet venue. Reporting directly to the general manager, you will be responsible for the wine and beverage program for all venue outlets including Agostino wine bar, store and cellar, as well as the all day Espresso Bar and expansive roof top bar. Italian inspired venues offering an exciting wine and beverage program including tap wines and an extensive cellar list, and a menu that celebrates Italian traditional food with reimagined dishes based on seasonal and local ingredients.
Key responsibilities include the development of all lists and establishing strong supplier relationships.
This is a hands role and further responsibilities include –
- Fostering a positive team culture and morale
- Beverage and wine training across the business
- Wine menu development and stock control
- Financial performance of beverages and wine
- Point of Sale management
- Venue Liquor licensing compliance
We are looking for someone with the following –
- Excellent local and international wine knowledge, particularly Italian wines and varietals
- Proven experience in a Head Sommelier or wine management role
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective wine training
- Strong experience in stock control management and point of sale systems
- WSET level 3 and/or Court Of Master Sommelier ‘Certified’
- Minimum 3-5 years experience managing a broad wine program
Most importantly…we expect you to be YOU – to bring your own unique personality and flair to the role.
Great work conditions, management support and career progression are offered in return for your strong commitment and work performance. If you possess the necessary skills and attributes, we welcome your application. For a copy of the position description or to send in your application, please email email@example.com